Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Raya Confusion

Hari Raya is around the corner again. And this time round, i'm going for a trip to Masilau departing on coming saturday. Ken will be driving with nine other families.

Yesterday, Mr Kow, my boss wrote a message on the board informing us to take note of the news tonite to confirm whether Raya will fall tomorrow (12/10) or as printed on calender (13/10). This is important since if Raya falls tomorrow, then i gotta be back to work on monday, also means i have to take a day of leave (The booking at Masilau cannot be changed). I'm worried cuz i don't feel like losing one day of pay.

This afternoon, one of my colleagues told me that most probably it'll be tomorrow since from her past experience, the Malays 'study' the moon on the first day of lunar month. And she claimed that the government used to declared Raya to fall on the following day. Then, another colleague told me that the the date stated on the calender is always correct.

I'm confused..... and wished my students 'happy holiday'. Shouldn't have done that since Raya day is not confirmed. How stupid i'm! I hope they'd take note of the news tonite.

It's 6.54pm now.... and i'm still feeling 'nervous'....... may Raya fall on saturday!

No comments: